Have you ever taken a MOOC - Massive Open Online Course? I have just enrolled into Coursera's Gamification MOOC. @kwerb - Kevin Werbach (Associate Professor of Legal Studies & Business Ethics The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania) - has posted the first few video lectures. Being new to this, I am impressed by the presentation and by the quality of the videos (I'm still hoping for fast internet here one day!).
The syllabus sounds very interesting:
- What is Gamification? (Video Released: January 27th)
- Games (Video Released: February 3rd)
- Game Thinking (Video Released: February 10th)
- Game Elements (Video: February 17th)
- Psychology and Motivation I: Behaviorism (Video Released February 24th)
- Psychology and Motivation II: Beyond Behaviorism (Video Released February 24th)
- Gamification Design Framework (Video Released March 3rd)
- Design Choices (Video Released March 3rd)
- Enterprise Gamification (Video Released March 10th)
- Social Good and Behavior Change (Video Released March 10th)
- Critiques and Risks (Video Released March 17th)
- Beyond the Basics (Video Completed March 24th)
I am a little worried about the time limits for the quizzes and the final exam, fitting it all into my days, but I will try!!! If you are also interested in Gamification and want to give it a try (after all, it is a free course unless you want to sign up to Signature Track for US$49), you can still sign up, so come and join @madmacnz (Carol Kendall) and I!